Black Forest Germany is home to world’s leading thermal spas, picturesque towns, evergreen forests as well as the famous German cuckoo clocks.
This place is mostly associated with the fairy tales of Brothers Grimm and is ideal for family trips and honeymoons. You can definitely come here with your beloved and can spend quality time.
With its magnificent Rhine Valley and pleasant environment,
…Black Forest can be your ultimate destination in Germany.
If you are planning a trip, you may want to spend a couple of days in the Black Forest to explore its beauty. Freiburg is one of the biggest towns of this region. It has various Gothic buildings and is surrounded by vineyards.
If you’re a coo coo clock lover, then this travel guide is for you.
If you are a food lover and want to enjoy some pastries or cakes in Black Forest Germany, you can begin your day with a thick and mouth-watering slice of Black Forest Cake.
- This cake is traditionally made from double-distillation of Morello cherries and dark chocolate, and its taste is very amazing.
- The cake is usually served on per person basis and is topped with whipped cream and Kirsch (cherry alcohol), providing your body with instant energy.
- To tick off this most amazing thing in the Black Forest off the list, you can head to any bakery of your choice in any Black Forest town.
Triberg Falls is another major highlight of Germany and is a landmark of Black Forest.
- Triberg with its waterfalls is a famous tourist destination, attracting lots of domestic and international tourists every year.
- For a small fee, you can enjoy the astonishing views of the waterfall from different angles.
- You can also climb a marked pathway up in the forested hills to explore its beauty closely.
- February and March are the best months to go there, but you can plan a trip according to your desire or availability as the weather remains pleasant throughout the year.
This reservoir lake is situated in Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald, Black Forest. If you are coming from Freiburg in Breisgau, it will take you a couple of minutes to reach this place.
- The water of Schluchsee is relatively cool, which means you can plan a trip in summer too, thanks to its high elevation for making it possible.
- Schluchsee is surrounded by various walking trails in the local area. In fact, the entire length of the shoreline is ideal for walkers.
- You can consider coming here from May to October, and combine your walk with a boat trip on St. Nikolaus.
Karlsruhe Palace was originally constructed in the 17th century and it remained the residence of grand dukes of Baden and electoral princes for nearly two centuries.
- Today, this place is home to several museums and art galleries.
- The main museum of Badisches Landesmuseum Karlsruhe is also present here, which attracts a large number of tourists from all parts of the world.
- For a small fee, you can spend hours in Karlsruhe Palace and can click some photographs with your companions.
Black Forest Highway
If you want to take a long drive with your beloved and have no interest in exploring any museum or art gallery, you may drive down the scenic Black Forest Highway (also known as Schwarzwaldhochstrasse and B500).
- This highway travels nearly 55 kilometers from Baden-Baden to Kinzig Valley.
- During your journey, you will get a chance to explore nature more closely.
- There are a lot of trees, plants, and green forests, making you feel happy, energetic and relaxed.
- A tiny hike from Allerheiligen Monastery will take you on a 15-minute walk to the waterfalls.
Situated at a height of 3,390 feet in the lap of mountains, Mummelsee is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Black Forest Germany.
- A glimpse of this marvelous and pristine lake will make you crazy for the Black Forest. Even the surrounding area is quite pleasant, peaceful and charming.
- Some legends believe that this lake is inhabited by the King of the Mummelsee and a Nix.
Baden-Baden is a gateway to the Black Forest and has a large number of spas, attracting lots of visitors every year.
- Set in a beautiful wooded valley, Baden-Baden’s springs were first discovered by Romans.
- This place is best known for its restaurants, state-of-the-art buildings, museums, parks, and casinos.
- Merkur Mountain is one of the major attractions of Baden-Baden.
- And if you are looking for a garden of roses, then Lichtentaler Allee is a perfect place for you.
Blow Bubbles in Glass at Buhlbach
Have you ever heard about Buhlbach? It’s a kind of champagne bottle that is used specifically to blow bubbles.
- Situated in the county of Freudenstadt and the municipality of Baiersbronn, Buhlbach is a small town that is famous for its glass-making skills.
- Every year, the locals and foreigners are provided with a chance to blow as many bubbles as they want in a champagne bottle.
Enjoy A Dish of Wild Flowers and Plants
If you are tired of traditional cuisines and want some adventure or excitement, you may enjoy your dinner in the forests.
- There are various unusual things to do in Germany, but the most fantastic thing is dining out on a menu of wild plants and red roses.
- The infamous Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (a dish with lots of cherries and black chocolate) is also served at some forest restaurants.
- You will definitely fall in love with that menu of wild plants because it is topped with salt and peppers.
Kreuzblume – A pocket-sized restaurant in the Black Forest
It’s not easy to spend the whole day out without eating or drinking something. Am I right? If you are looking for a budget-friendly restaurant, Kreuzblume is the perfect option for you.
- On a flower-festooned lane, Kreuzblume is a pocket-sized restaurant that has a large number of eatables to choose from.
- Each dish combines hand-picked ingredients and is present in a unique way.
- You can choose from a variety of tops, and your meal is prepared and served within a few minutes.
Finally, do not forget to visit a few cuckoo clock shops while you are in Germany. August Schwer is one of the most famous cuckoo clock makers from the Black Forest region.